miniblog

Friday, December 08, 2006

From Chris Stangl, in Hellzapoppin'!: The Infernal Comedy of Joe Dante:

Moment: Microwave Marge battles Daffy, Lenny and George, the set of her cable TV cooking show transformed into an apocalyptic battleground. The Gremlins fling a frying pan at Marge's face, and when she pops back into frame, two gigantic sunny-side up eggs are covering her eyes. She screams and falls over. Deleted scene, Gremlins 2: The New Batch DVD. My friend Paul Rust turns to me and says "that is the funniest joke in all of movie history. You could show that to anyone, from any culture, in any time period, across the universe - even any alien lifeforms - and they would think that's funny."

I am unable to disagree.


I've read this like a bazillion times and each time I laugh. My personal favorite moment in the movie is where Phoebe Cates gets suddenly and frighteningly trapped in the futuristic voice-activated elevator, and commands, "Elevator! Sound alarm!"

pregnant pause

"Eh! Eh! Eh! Eh! Eh!" the Gremlins yell.

Oh I could watch that all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home